The last day of the year for me is all about getting my house in order, setting things up so that the first day of the new year can be spent enjoyably, and looking back on where I’ve been. I have high hopes for 2013 (I say this every year, I know, but still) – 13 is my lucky number!
- We bought a house.
- I spent loads of wonderful time with my family, and being close to the boys has been amazing – especially as we go through dealing with infertility, having them in my life is so important.
- We took lovely mini-trips – to Maine, Boston, Quebec City, Montreal, Palm Desert, Cape Cod, and NYC.
- Huey is still with us after a terrible scare with straddle thrombosis. He just did a mighty leap over my head onto the windowsill as I typed that, and I am so so grateful for every extra day I get with him.
- Save, save, save.
- Learn to ski – my parents came to Vermont on their honeymoon to ski, and later moved here with that as a big deciding factor – and I never learned?
- Soooo much work on the house to do. Next up is that elusive sofa, and then the dining room needs to be gutted, and then, and then…
- Try to be more grateful in the moment.
- Pathfinding! What are my long term career/life goals? What makes me happiest? This question is always hard for a Sagittarius – we want to do everything!
Ok now – off to clean the house and to get things clean & fresh for 2013!